Hi Under 8s parents/players.
Just a quick note to say thanks for bringing for your precious super-stars to the club last week. We really appreciate it and can see some great progress being made in several key areas of the game but especially passing and defensive line work (which will probably stay as the focus for the next few weeks).
A couple of points for next week (and beyond):
1 Cold weather wear
The cold breeze/weather took us all by surprise last week and quite a few of the under 8s were struggling to keep warm. We'll do our best get them thoroughly warmed up next week but can you also make to sure kids have all the layers on that should help them stay warm too.
We highly recommend:
- long-armed under garments ('bodywear') worn under the rugby shirt
- long socks or cycle leggings ('bodywear') for under the shorts - or tracksuit bottom.
- a warm woolly hat or beanie (or scrum cap)
- tight or short-finger tight gloves
- a light water-resistant coat to keep wind/showers off (great as a layer if your child already has bodywear under their shirts). Grab a warmer training jacket if not.
I always have a couple of extras in the back of the car in case Freddie needs anything.
2 Under 8s kitchen duty week, next week, Sunday 12th Feb
Next week is also kitchen duty week for the under 8s. Many thanks to everyone who also helped last week too. The kitchen is THE best place to keep warm, have a laugh and get to know some of the other parents age groups too. You also get a free bacon/sausage roll and coffees for helping and many hands make light work so please help us help the club and come up to help out. Everyone else really appreciates it too. Bring a friend, other half or grand-parent too if they fancy helping out and seeing what their grandchildren are up to. The more the merrier.
Many thanks everyone and see you next Sunday.
Updated 10:29 - 6 Feb 2017 by Colin Hiom