Well done Jack J. Jack is the winner of the Under 9s highly-prestigious Golden Boot for the second time this season. What a come-back Jack and well played on Sunday. Jack has shown how to balance power and speed taking the ball into, around and through contact on Sunday and we're all looking forward to seeing Jack and the players and fellow golden boot winners enjoying themselves on Sunday 22nd next week where the under 9s have two teams playing in Vectis' own season finale at Seaclose Park, Newport: The Vectis Mini Rugby Festival!
Next week: The Vectis Mini Rugby Festival
The club's mighty Vectis Mini Rugby Tournament, the largest one-day mini rugby tournament in the UK, with teams flying in from all over the mainland, kicks-off at 10am on Sunday (April 22nd). Do bring the whole family + friends down to support the teams and see what a great and friendly spectacle the tournament is.
Key times as follows:
- 7:30am: Under 9s coaches and helpers arrive to assemble tents and pitches. All parents/players welcome to come and help.
- 8:30am: Coaches/helpers sit down for some well-earned breakfast!
- 9:00am: Under 9s players needed for registration and final selection. Email going out later this week to all parents - but all registered players are welcome even if we haven't seen you for a few weeks.
- 9:15am - 9:45am: Player warm-up. All players will get a game.
- 9:30am: Referees briefing. Ross Edmunds and Charlie Ball in attendance.
- 10:00am: Kick-off. See under 9 control tent for more information about your teams. Remember: the under 9s have two teams in the competition this year who will be playing in different pools.
- 2:30pm: Festival closes - so be sure to arrive well before 2pm supporters, if you just want to watch the final few matches and grab some burgers/drinks in the park before the end.
Don't forget that this is a major tournament with teams trucking in from all over the UK and lots going on for all the family around the games + beer tent (yay!), burger vans, ice-scream stalls, fairground attractions and lot's more - so bring friends, family and school buddies to come and see what a rugby festival is all about.
Meantime, well-done again Jack J and all this season's golden boot winners. Don't forget that with this season drawing to close after the festival we still have the annual awards to look forward to as well: Best Player, Most Improved Player and new for this year Best New Player so plenty to play for on the final weekend!
For more information and details on the Festival see here: http://www.vectisrugby.co.uk/calendar/event/vectis-rugby-festival-2018-386955
Updated 01:03 - 21 May 2018 by Victoria Winter